[etni] Books for Native Speakers- Elemrntary

  • From: "Phil Bacal" <pgbacal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 19:18:45 +0300

I  was wondering what books people were using.   I have very mixed elementary
levels.  The more advanced kids (6th graders) need to be able to work largely
on their own.   There are several books I'm interested in but I wanted to get
some feedback and perhaps see the books (I'm in Jerusalem)

Has anyone used or is using:
Houghton Mifflin  -The Source Book – Reading and Writing   OR The Day Book of
Critical Reading and Writing

EPS – Spectrum –(Just write ; Book 2 or 3,   Writing, Vocabulary, Reading
Comprehension -

Evan Mor
Daily Academic Vocabulary  or  Building Spelling Skills

Skill Sharperners  Reading & Writing 2 for medium 3rd graders

Writing Centers; Vocabulary Centers  or Phonics Centers

Daily Paragraph editing

Steck-Vaughn  Linking Words to Meaning

All suggestions and feedback appreciated.

Many thanks,

Philippa