[etni] Article in the New Republic

  • From: Praag Family <praagob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 21:19:21 +0300

Dear Etnians
Just read the article that Gloria posted from the New Republic. Have to
say that if I hear or read about "teacher accountability" one more time
I am going to have to go out into the garden and let off steam by
weeding the garden ( I hate doing that so much). What about parent
accountability and government accountability and societal accountability
first of all. Why do they want to make the teachers accountable for all
the ills that plague our system.
The first thing that I am sure Mr Joel Klein would love to do is try and
weaken the union's hold and then start to privatise just as BB is trying
to do to the health system. What may work for the good old US of A may
not work for others. By the way does it work for the US of A!!

  Pound for pound I bet we have more Nobel prize winners!!
Happy hols to you all
Barry Praag
Dafna

"From: Gloria Spielman <gspiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:gspiel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
Subject: [etni] Article in the The New Republic
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 00:39:08 +0200

Innovative No More

Why hasn't Israel embraced much-needed education reform?"