[etni] Re: All My Sons

  • From: Adele Raemer <araemer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bonnie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 21:24:38 +0200

I have used segments of the movie Pearl Harbor to give the students thew
flavor and sounds of the times. We have also used songs from those time
(Boogie Woogie Bugle Man, other songs of the period) as well as posters
showing the flavor of the times.
Our students are very aware of the European side of WWII; less so of the
Pacific theatre. Pearl Harbor fills in some of the gaps (not the entire
film). I also like to teach The Enemy
before or after AMS - it shows the Japanese perspective.

Hope that helps!
Adele

**

*"*Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle
of it." *P. J. O'Rourke*