[espeak-gaeilge] Any teething troubles with getting espeak to compile or speak with NVDA?

  • From: Ronan McGuirk <ronan.p.mcguirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: espeak-gaeilge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 22:44:35 +0100

Hi all,

I know there have been some initial issues getting eSpeak to compile
or getting NVDA to work with the Irish version.

Please shout if you are having any problems.

I have got it compiling and speaking from the command line and
speaking from within NVDA.

I have a work-around to get NVDA to echo characters when typing or
editing in Irish.

I managed to get a SAPI version working with JAWS, but this was a hack
job that I don't recommend at this stage!

There is documentation in the DropBox, but if you are having problems
please shout. I have the environment working on Windows 7 and
Cearbhall has it working on Windows XP.

We can update the documentation if it is not clear enough.
Finally, if you have espeak working and speaking Irish, please just
drop a line to let us know.

Best Regards,
Ronan