[ers] Curriculum Organiser Newsletter April

  • From: "Ian Thompson" <ianthompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 15:57:34 +0800

Curriculum Organiser LogoNEWSLETTER

April 2006

-- Please forward this newsletter onto your school's teachers for tips,
support, training opportunities, and the latest developments with Curriculum
Organiser --

Contents

School Development <>

Backing Up? <>

Peer Support <>

Who are you? How to create an email  <> signature

Professional  <> Development

Study Tour: Oct 1 to  <> 6

Phone a Friend <>

Whole of School  <> Approach

Certification for Curriculum  <> Organiser Training

Questions, Comments and  <> Suggestions

Help us to help you <>

Contacts <>

School Development

Many schools took up the offer to have Ian Thompson review their use of the
Curriculum Organiser. Many had software updated, Central Document Sets
installed, teacher notebooks and computers reconfigured, teachers retrained
and management systems devised to ensure they were getting the most out of
their investment. Please be early to book Ian in Term 2 as places fill fast.

Backing Up?

The school level documents are usually safely backed up on the network drive
but what about the many changes you make to your Personal Document Set? If
you are using a laptop that does not automatically transfer your documents
to the network, you should be making use of the Backup facility.

Go to the top left of the screen. Select Tools -> Backup from the menubar
and click OK to the Introduction screen. Choose where you want to backup to
- suitable locations include network drives and writable CD's (but insert
the blank CD first!). Because it is the first time you are using the backup,
click 'Make a Folder' button, and type "Curriculum Organiser Backups"
followed by the Enter key - this creates a folder for this and future
backups. Ensure this folder is selected and click OK to start the backup.
When complete, the resultant backup folder name (including date/time) will
be displayed. Click OK (and if backing up to CD, switch to the CD burning
screen and write the CD). Next time you backup, instead of clicking the
'Make a folder' button, select the "Curriculum Organiser Backups" folder you
created this time.

Peer Support

With Curriculum Organiser now in over 200 WA schools we are looking to
establish a CO Support Network for teachers. If you would like to register
and be put in contact with teachers in your year and/or teaching area please
contact Ian on 0421 635 409 or
<mailto:ianthompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
ianthompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Who are you? How to create an email signature

We receive a many emails a day and like to keep track of which schools
people are from but often there is no signature on the emails. In MS Outlook
you can add a Signature to outgoing emails. From the menubar (across the
top), select Tools -> Options -> Mail Format tab ->Signature button -> New.
Cutting and pasting one you like from someone else is an option.

Professional Development

Places are filling fast for this popular holiday PD. Don't delay in booking
your spot. It's a great opportunity to talk to teachers in other schools and
share ideas on curriculum development.

Where: School of Isolated and Distance Education (click
<http://www.side.wa.edu.au/side_contacts.html> here for SIDE details)

 Building B, 164-194 Oxford St, Leederville

When:  Friday 28th April, 9-12am

Cost:    $55pp (including GST) $44pp for 10 or more from a school

Morning tea provided. Bring either your own notebook with CO installed (or
bring your disk to install CO) or use a SIDE computer onsite.

Booking: Email  <mailto:robinclarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
robinclarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Telephone 9249 2402, or Fax 9249 4949

   Details Required: Name(s), School, Telephone, Email, Invoice sent to:

Study Tour: Oct 1 - 6

This year ERS aims to host a study tour to Cairns in Queensland where we
will take advantage of group bookings for the Australian Council for
Computers in Education national conference (website: www.acec2006.info
<http://www.acec2006.info/> ). You will travel with Curriculum Organiser
staff and clients. Register your interest today. Call Ian on 0421 635 409 to
discuss, or email  <mailto:ianthompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
ianthompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Phone a friend

We are a business that expands through referrals. If you like using CO then
it stands to reason your friends will too. What we hear most from schools
new to CO is they needed to know about the Curriculum Organiser yesterday.
Phone a friend and suggest they contact Ian to arrange a visit. The more
people using CO the more opportunity there is to share resources, knowledge
and PD.

Whole of school approach

Would you like to have a simple, easy process for a 'Whole of School
Approach' to planning, sharing and communication?

The installation of the Central Document Set enables schools to make use of
the collaborative school development feature already included in the CO.

We can assist you to install the 'Central Document Set' designed to store
and access any documents produced by teachers. Furthermore school policy
documents can easily be imported and distributed to all teachers at the
click of a button. Contact Ian to discuss this useful feature.

Certification for Curriculum Organiser Training

We are developing courses for teachers, curriculum leaders and technicians
plus writers and presenters. Great for those wanting to beef up their
Professional Portfolio or just receive deserved recognition for your
efforts. Contact Ian or Robin for more information.

Questions, Comments and Suggestions

We are keen to respond to school needs and welcome your feedback. If you
have any questions, comments, suggestions or criticisms - please let us
know: support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Help Us to Help You

Curriculum Organiser is constantly under review. If you have new
requirements placed on your curriculum planning and reporting please pass
them on to us so we can modify CO to suit when possible. We can help by
saving every school from inventing the wheel.

We can offer more support if we know the key curriculum contact in your
school responsible for managing the Curriculum Organiser. Click
<mailto:support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Key%20Curriculum%20Contact%
20Details&body=School:%0D%0AName:%0D%0APosition:%0D%0AEmail:%0D%0ATel:%0D%0A
Mob:%0D%0ASubscribe%20to%20newsletter:%20Yes> here to email us your
contact's details.

Contacts

Click the contact to send an email.

 <mailto:robinclarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Robin Clarke, Director

 <mailto:ianthompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Ian Thompson, School
Development

 <mailto:support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Technical Support

 <mailto:masonclarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Accounts

 <mailto:cheri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Administration and Orders

Education Research Solutions

 <http://www.educationresearch.com.au/> www.educationresearch.com.au

Tel (08) 9249 2402 (WA)

Tel 1300 669 810 (NSW/QLD)

Mob 0417 987 462

Fax (08) 9249 4949

Curriculum Organiser Logo

This newsletter was sent by Education Research
<mailto:support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Solutions.

We send these newsletters approximately twice per school term to inform you
about our latest developments.
If you would not like to receive these newsletters, please click
<mailto:support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=Unsubscribe%20from%20Newsle
tter> here to unsubscribe by email or send an email to
support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with "Unsubscribe" as the subject and we
will remove you from the distribution list.

Education Research Solutions does not share any contact details with any
third parties without requesting permission.

Copyright C2006 Education Research Solutions. All rights reserved.

JPEG image

JPEG image