[ergo] Re: ergo: ejj3@columbia.edu post needs approval

  • From: John Fallows <john.fallows@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ergo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 11:11:39 -0700

Yes, Eric, this is exactly the problem I have been having with the SBLive
driver.  Each destination line (e.g. Speakers Out and Recording Control, for
example) has a number of source lines associated with it.  Normally, these area
read in and given an index, starting at 0.  So, in the case of the SBLive
Recording Control, there are 7 input sources indexed 0..6.  This works fine.
But when my mixer code tries to select one of these sources using these
indexes, I discovered that while the mixer reads them in as 0,1,2,3,4,5,6 that
the mixer control doing the selection expects them in 0,2,3,4,5,6,2 order.
That is why things get screwed up.

Since this could happen in any mixer, I need to understand what is happening
and build some smart code to workaround.  Trouble is, I have not figured out
why this is happening yet!  Sigh.  So hopefully will figure out later this week.

Thanks for your feedback, Eric.  73 John.