[ergo] Updates

  • From: John Fallows <john.fallows@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ERGO Beta List <ergo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 10:11:30 -0600

Sorry for delays, was away on business for a few days.

When I added the ability to receivers to "unlock" and update the radio
display from manual tuning, I found some problems in the program logic.  So,
I redesigned the internal software objects which represent the receiver
controls.  I have that finished, now I just have to optimize the
performance.  Since this is the underlying engine for the receiver controls,
I need to get this finished before I cna do more work on the receiver
drivers.

Re: Tracking Problem
====================
Walter, did you re-import the data files into E4?  (Database files need to
be re-imported into E4, you cannot just use the working copy you made for E3
as the format is difference.)  So, if you just run the New database wizard
in E4 and select to Import your ILGRadio source file (such as ilgsimpo.dbf
etc.) and save the new working copy in a separate folder, you should be fine
with tracking.

Re: Questions on ERGO Data format from Shawn
Custom Log Max Number of Fields:        48  (The fully available fields are
initially labelled as Extraxx)

Field Names:    E4 saves 32 characters for Field Names and Display Names.  I
have not seen the "not a valid component name" error before.  My initial
research showed this error can be created when a database reserved word is
used for a field name.  Try modifying the field name slightly.  (For
example, if you are calling the field "NAME" try "NAME1" or something.  You
can still use anything you want in the Display Name.

Associated Fields:  Currently, there are the following fields which the
Database can be "trained" to interface with E4 through the wizard.  The E20
file which is created whenever you import or create a database tracks the
following fields if they are associated:

The first group are used for typical data/receiver/program interface.  Since
E4 knows which field is related to a specific functionality, it can take
some actions accordingly.  For example, these field associations allow E4 to
tune the receiver, compare start/stop times of scheduled broadcasts to the
system clock, display propagation information.  The location association
also enables you to import a location from the built in location database in
the properties menu.  If latitude/longitude are provided in the database,
then they will be used for propagation and map.  If the database just has a
Location name, E4 will do a lookup and use the built-in location data to do
the propagation and mapping.  When you run the wizard, you must choose from
a selection of pre-defined formats for most of these fields, and this
information is saved in the E20 file.
  IndexAssociateFreq
  IndexAssociateMode
  IndexAssociateStart
  IndexAssociateStop
  IndexAssociateLocation
  IndexAssociateLatitude
  IndexAssociateLongitude
  IndexAssociatePower
  IndexAssociateAzimuth
  IndexAssociateDaysOfWeek
  IndexAssociateTxGain
The second group relates to data entry and how to import information from
the main program.
  IndexAssociateDate
  IndexAssociateTimeOn
  IndexAssociateReceiver
  IndexAssociateAntenna
  IndexAssociateFlux
  IndexAssociateKIndex
  IndexAssociateAudio

I have left a few spare positions for future associations, at present up to
20 associations are available.

At present, you cannot directly modify a data structure one you have created
it.  (This is a feature I can try to add, although code for restructuring a
database is trick.)  However, once you have created a database in *.db, you
can re-import it as a custom database import, and modify its structure in
the wizard before you save it.  (Also, if your E20 file gets damaged, you
can reimport and recreate the E20 file.)

Hope this answers your questions.  Thanks.