[ergo] Follow-up

  • From: John Fallows <john.fallows@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ERGO Beta List <ergo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2002 06:12:30 -0700

Hi all...

I have ERGO4 loaded on XP here and haven't really had any issues so far.
Working good actually.  However, in both XP and Windows 2000, with my
R8B, it usually will not find the Drake upon loading ERGO4.  If I then
choose to view the receiver, it will come up okay.  Seems like maybe
comm port timing issue.  I have a triple boot system here, Me, 2K, and
XP Pro.  I do not have ERGO4 loaded on Me at this time.

The program is looking good so far, John.  ;-)

73,

Dave  -  NO3K
RESPONSE
Thanks Dave, I spend so much time on bugs, it is good to get a message like
yours!  Are you running XP home or professional?  I am going to load XP
Professional as the third OS on my W2000/Me machine.  Have three pc's in the
radio room:
*       Athlon850 with W2000/Me  128Mb System Commander 2000;
*       AMD333 with W98SE/NT4 64Mb Partition Magic/Boot Magic;
*       and P120 with 32Mb which I use as the internet gateway, firewall and
"really slow machine" for testing;
Ergo 3 is developed on the W98 box in Delphi 3, while Ergo 4 and all new
development is under W2000 in Delphi 5.
The network in the house is "ThinNet" with coaxial cable, working off
broadband connection to the gateway.

Which multiboot sofware are you using?  I was reading that SC2000 has some
trouble with XP, so I was going to upgrade to System Commander 7 first.
Advice?

I am now doing something I should have done before.  Circling back to add
debug logging code to all the radio modules.  This way, a log.txt file will
get printed when the rx runs, and if there are any bugs or timing errors,
they will easier to identify.

73 for now, John

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat