[ergo] ERGO 4 Control of Two Receivers

  • From: "Guy Atkins" <dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ergo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 08:04:54 -0800

Hi John,

I'm getting an RX-320 to supplement my AR7030, so I can run frequency profiling
(when
it's available in ERGO 4) with the Ten-Tec while actively DXing using the AOR.

For ERGO control of two receivers, I know that unique names need to be given to
each
radio. However, are two serial ports needed on my computer? I couldn't find
mention
of this in ERGO 4's Help file. I have three or four ports available on my
desktop
PC, but I'd need a converter to come up with another serial port on my notebook.

Also, can both receivers be "active" at once? That is, can the RX-320 quietly
build
up frequency profiles in the background while I tune around with the AR7030?
Maybe
this will require two PCs each running ERGO.

Thanks for the clarification on this.

Guy Atkins
Bonney Lake, WA
dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx