[erddug] Windows Phone Weekend Workshop – 17th September 2011

  • From: ERDDUG - East Rand Developer and DBA User Group <erddug@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 17:17:06 +0200

Yeah!

Microsoft is holding a *free *Windows Phone Workshop at their Bryanston
campus on 2011/09/17, from 9AM - 4PM!!!

More details here -
https://blogs.msdn.com/b/southafrica/archive/2011/08/25/windows-phone-weekend-warrior-weekend-17th-september-2011.aspx

[image: 0028.Untitled_5F00_thumb_5F00_51B1073D.png]
Windows Phone is an important leap forward in Microsoft’s overall mobile
strategy and the developer community has taken notice. Now is the time to
embrace the “tile-and-app” UI and reap the rewards Windows Phone provides
your development team and user community. If you are new to Windows Phone
come join us for our sessions on Windows Phone development where we will be
covering introductory topics all the way to more advanced topics. If you are
currently writing an application for the platform come through and have
access to our experts to help you with your application, or polish your
Windows Phone platform understanding in the sessions. Topics covered during
the day are:

- Introduction to Windows Phone

- Building a Silverlight Application

- Silverlight Controls for the Phone

- Advanced Silverlight topics

- Windows Phone Hardware

- Services

- Performance

- Getting your app onto the Marketplace

- Building Windows Phone XNA Applications

- Advanced XNA Topics

*Where:* Microsoft Offices Johannesburg
*When:* 17th September 2011 09:00 – 16:00
Register Here on Global
Events<https://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032492910&Culture=en-ZA>

Cost: Free!!!!
Cheers,