Alliance of Mist Stein of Moggok Quest, Mark II

  • From: "Chirrichela Lomarcan" <yssario@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <eq.aom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 06:33:53 -0600

Allakhazam's Magical Realm
       =20
         Choose Your Game Anarchy Online Camelot EverQuest =20
      Sign up for Premium...  =20
      Main... =20
      a.. News...=20
      a.. Updates...=20
      a.. General Discussion Forums...=20
      a.. Editorials...=20
      a.. FAQ...=20
      a.. Submit Info=20
    =20
      Phat Lewt (Store)...
    =20
      Login/Admin...
    =20
      a.. Your Account...=20
      a.. Your Characters...=20
      a.. New Comments...=20
      a.. Character Search...=20
      a.. User Journals...=20
    =20
      Item Classifieds... =20
      a.. For Sale Listings...=20
      a.. Want to Buy Listings...=20
      a.. Place item on lists...=20
      a.. FAQ...=20
    =20
      Spells... =20
      Zones... =20
      a.. Levels...=20
      a.. Antonica...=20
      a.. Faydwer...=20
      a.. Odus...=20
      a.. Kunark...=20
      a.. Velious...=20
      a.. Luclin...=20
      a.. Planes...=20
      a.. Planes of Power...=20
      a.. Maps...=20
    =20
      Quests... =20
      a.. By Item...=20
      a.. By Faction...=20
      a.. By Zone...=20
      a.. Recently Updated...=20
      a.. Quest Lists...=20
      a.. Search/By Class...=20
      a.. Velious Armour...=20
      a.. Luclin Armour...=20
    =20
      Discussion... =20
      a.. Class...=20
      a.. Race...=20
      a.. Skill...=20
      a.. Zone...=20
      a.. Server...=20
    =20
      Equipment... =20
      a.. Search...=20
      a.. Faster Search...=20
      a.. By Slot...=20
      a.. Item Lookup...=20
      a.. By Character...=20
      a.. By Zone...=20
      a.. Quest Items...=20
      a.. Fashion (Pre-Luclin)...=20
      a.. Fashion (Luclin)...=20
    =20
      Tradeskill Search... =20
      a.. Recipes...=20
      a.. Ingredients...=20
    =20
      Bestiary... =20
      a.. By Zone...=20
      a.. By Faction...=20
    =20
      Classes... =20
      Races... =20
      Skills... =20
      a.. Abilities...=20
    =20
      Newbie Info... =20
      a.. Creation...=20
      a.. Starting...=20
      a.. Combat...=20
    =20
      Faction... =20
      Tips... =20
      Game Lore... =20
      Commands... =20
      a.. Emotes...=20
      a.. Game Commands...=20
      a.. Chat Terms...=20
    =20
      Bug List... =20
      Research... =20
      Links... =20
      a.. General Links...=20
      a.. Guild Links...=20
    =20
      Books... =20
      a.. Books Forum...=20
    =20
      Stats:=20
      Total Items: 15,001
      Total Quests: 2,135
      Total NPCs: 10,097
      Total Recipes: 2,877
      Zones: 171
      Factions: 289
      Registered Users: 190,958
      Comments: 483,894
    =20

-
    =20
      E-Mail Allakhazam =20

-
    =20
       =20

      Welcome Chirrichela=20

    =20
      Exotic Drinks

-
                  Starts in: Oggok=20
                  Who: Clurg=20
                  Rating: Good (4.37)=20
                  Estimated Time: 3 Hours=20
                  Minimum Level: 8=20
                  Best Class: Ench=20
                  Factions Raised:
                  a.. Clurg
                =20
                  Factions Lowered:
                  a.. Kazon StormHammer
                =20
                  Quest Items:
                  a.. Erud's Tonic
                  a.. Honey Jum
                  a.. Kiola Nut
                  a.. Koalindl Fish
                =20
                  Additional Zones:
                  a.. Erudin
                  a.. Freeport West
                  a.. Misty Thicket
                  a.. Qeynos North
                  a.. Rivervale
                =20
                  Related Creatures:
                  a.. A Koalindl
                  a.. Gregor Nasin
                =20
                  Related Quests:
                  a.. Erud's Tonic
                  a.. Honey Jum
                  a.. The Regurgitonic
                =20
            Note. You really need to be an enchanter to do this quest. =
It is not impossible for other classes to do it, but it is impractical.=20

            Clurg, the Ogre bartender in Ogguk, has lost his bartender's =
compendium and wants it back badly. It is currently held by Bartender =
Gregor, in the Seafarer's Roost in East Freeport. Fortunately, Gregor =
has a lust for exotic drinks, and lacks only the ingredients to make his =
dream concoctions. He will give you the compendium for those =
ingredients. He wants you to get him the following items:=20

            (1) a Kiola Nut, which can be purchased on the island of =
Erollisi for about 2 gp,=20

            (2) Erud's Tonic [now a no drop lore item] (see Erudin =
quests, basically a quick purchase and exchange),=20

            (3) Honey Jum from Rivervale (See Rivervale Quests - the =
price is now 3 platinum) [note: You need an indifferent faction in =
Rivervale for this one or you need to trust a halfling to get it for =
you. If you can't find a trustworthy halfling, (I had the misfortune of =
initially getting ripped off by a particularly nasty halfling named =
Mappas who believed he could extort 5 pp for the honey jum after I gave =
him the items and a promise of 5 gp to get it [back when it only cost 5 =
gp for the item]) you can easily create one of your own and do the =
exchange since a level 1 can easily do this part of the quest], and=20

            (4) a Koalindl Fish from the lake in the Temple of Life in =
Qeynos [now a no drop lore item]. There is one sure way to do this =
yourself without losing faction. Do the regurgatonic quest in Ak'Anon =
and give the tonic to frostbite the dog in WK and he will cough up the =
fish. You can also kill the mutt, but that will not make you popular in =
Halas, nor will it make you popular with the Barbarian who hangs around =
Gregor's bar. Other ways will cause you to take a severe faction hit =
with several good factions and with Rodcet Nife himself. Killing the =
fish will drop you several levels in faction, and you will get attacked =
and killed when you leave the water unless you gate in time. (There is =
also a paladin who will jump in and kill you in the water if he is =
nearby). The fish do not drop a corpse every time, so you may have to =
kill several fish, potentially making you kos with many clerics =
afterwards. Also, they are a slow spawn and are currently being camped =
quite a bit. You can avoid the faction hit by having a friend creat a =
mule to kill the fish and then having the enchanter who will complete =
the quests loot it and gets the item, but this is time consuming.=20

            Although the resulting drink sounds pretty foul to me, =
should you manage to gather all of these ingredients he promises to give =
you his bartender's compendium. The enchanter must give Gregor the =
ingredients. I have been told that some people have had the quest fail =
by giving him all of the items at once (it will say he only got one) and =
others have had no trouble. I would suggest to be safe that you give =
them to him one at a time. Gregor will then give him 3 to 4 pp and the =
bartender's compendium, which is a no drop item.=20

            This has to be taken to Ogguk and given to Clurg the =
bartender there. Be aware that even under an illusion some ogres might =
attack you, so it might help to go invisible. Before giving it to Clurg, =
the enchanter needs to cast illusion ogre and benevolence. Or as an =
alternative, cast illusion dark elf and alliance (this lets it be done =
by a lower level enchanter, but does not seem to work every time). If =
his or her faction is not good enough, it won't work (I have had reports =
that indifferent has worked for some people and not worked for others, =
but that is probably the minimum he should con). Clurg will then give =
you the stein.=20

            I would say, assuming you can get sow when needed, you can =
do this quest in just about 3 hours (less if you have teleports).=20

            For Dark Elves, check out The Dark Elf's Guide to Obtaining =
the Stein of Mogguk=20
          =20
            Reward(s):=20
            a.. Stein of Moggok
          =20
            Last modified on Fri Sep 6 15:25:07 2002=20
            252 people have rated this quest=20
            Send a Correction=20
    =20

-------
                  [Post] Forum Preferences:  Logged in as: Chirrichela =
[Options]=20
          =20
               Threaded Side View Always Expand Expand Default+ Expand =
Decent+ Expand Good+ Expand Excellent Never Expand Newest First Oldest =
First High Score First Never Filter Default Filter Decent and better =
Good and better Excellent Only No Comments Save:  =20
            225 threads, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 page(s) long  Next Page=20

           Koalindl Fish   By: otium,=20
              2 posts=20
              Posted @ Sun, Sep 22nd 12:37 PM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
              I've done this quest several times without problem =
following the suggestions above.  But now, Frostbite in WK politely =
tells me he doesn't need the regurgitonic and hands it back to me. No =
fish. Thinking the quest might have been updated so that owners of a mug =
can't do it, I handed my mug to a friend and tried again. Still got the =
"don't need" speech. I tried turning into a barbarian and using =
Benevolence - still nothing.=20

              Sigh. Any ideas?=20

              BTW, I know the mug is lore, but I've done this part of =
the quest before with one in my possession.
              =20
              otium=20
                [Top]=20

             RE: Koalindl Fish   By: Aridmuse,=20
                8 posts=20
                Posted @ Fri, Oct 11th 9:15 AM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
                Maybe Frostbite was broken briefly.  I fed him the =
Regurgitonic last night and got the fish. Worried in advance that =
faction had something to do with it ("I don't like you so I'm not going =
to puke for you" lol) I cast Alliance on him before giving him the =
tonic. I didn't notice any difference in faction though, so maybe he was =
just not being cooperative for one day.
                =20
              =20
                  [Top]=20

           Your timing is alittle off   By: Xatlabik,=20
              2 posts=20
              Posted @ Sun, Sep 15th 7:51 PM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
              You say this only takes 3 hours less with teleports i =
think your wrong i was on my enchanter and it took me 14 hours just to =
get all the stuff i need, i didn't even get it but i have all the =
ingredients i just need a few mor levels before i get illusion:dark elf, =
anyway i can't wait until i get it.=20

              Xatlabik=20
              6 Wizard=20
              Xev
              =20
            =20
                [Top]=20

           It's Okay to be Good...   By: Arjaizen, Sage
              196 posts=20
              Posted @ Mon, Sep 2nd 4:36 PM 2002 Score: Excellent[4.76]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
              Many players have the misconception that an enchanter of a =
"good" race must be agnostic to complete this quest.  This is untrue, as =
i can now verify.=20

              My enchanter is an Erudite, and a follower of Quellious, =
the Tranquil. This afternoon, i successfully completed the Stein quest. =
It may have helped that i waited until 20th level, as that gave me the =
benefit of three spells: Benevolence, Illusion: Ogre, and Sympathetic =
Aura.=20

              NPCs will tend to be more inclined to deal with their own =
race, so looking like an ogre will be better than a dark elf. =
Benevolence has twice the faction adjustment of Alliance, which seems to =
compensate for the negative adjustment of following a deity that the =
ogres would hate. Finally, i threw in a Sympathetic Aura for a CHA =
boost, put on any CHA items i had, and got my CHA up to 134. Perhaps =
that made no difference, but i figured it couldn't hurt. :-)=20

              Regarding the question of whether one should give Gregor =
the items one at a time to get the Bartender's Compendium: For the =
record, i gave Gregor (in Freeport) all four items at once, and he =
cheerfully handed over the Compendium.=20

              At every step of the way during this quest, i always made =
sure to use an illusion to make myself the same race as the NPC i was =
dealing with, and also cast Benevolence for the faction adjustment. My =
faction with any NPC was never worse than Amiable.=20

              Happy questing...

              Edited, Tue Sep 3 09:39:42 2002
              =20
              Arjaizen Izrhume=20
              40th Circle Wizard of Erudin=20
              Fallen Wolves=20
                [Top]=20

           Just completed last night on Veeshan   By: Narmuriel,=20
              15 posts=20
              Posted @ Tue, Aug 20th 3:21 AM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
              Finshed it as a 16 High Elf enchanter.  Pretty much word =
for word from the guide, had no difficulties whatsoever except =
one.....crossing Kithcor to get to Rivervale. Remember, undead see thru =
invisbility. Safest way to do this is zone in to Kithcor, cast illusion =
Darkelf, then invis vs. undead. Pray that you have SoW and your invis vs =
undead holds up for the whole way across zone. I found it much easier to =
go straght across zone to Highpass, then around the sides of zone to =
Rivervale. Im gonna experiment with cutting thru Runnyeye citadel next =
time and see if it is any easier.=20

              Here is a few added suggestions. Before starting the =
quest, bind at the Freeport docks. This saves some time. Go get the =
Kiola first, gate back, get a sow and haul tail thru the commons. Make =
sure you invis in WC, Kodiaks can be a problem. Go across Kithcor as I =
stated above. Reach Rivervale, get the honey jum. From here, go back to =
Highpass. Invis yourself again, at least till you get to the guards. (I =
stopped for a minute here to pick up my pet spells, some of which cannot =
be bought anywhere else to my knowledge, i.e. 12 and 16, possibly more.) =
Hopefully you will be able to get anopther SoW, cause next zone in to =
East Karana, to North Karana, West Karana (inivisibility the whole way =
recommended). Either Kill Frostbite in the SW corner of zone to get the =
fish, or continue on thru Qeynos Hills and North Qeynos. I got =
particularly lucky in finding a young Shadowknight to kill the Koalindl =
for me, so i didnt lose my faction. Other options are mules. I then =
proceeded thru South Qeynos to the docks, waited for boat, did the Erud =
part of it. Then, gate back, give the items to Gregor. Cast alliance on =
him, just in case. I gave him all at once in the order that he asked for =
them when giving out the quest. Voila, one Compendium! Next, get a Sow, =
Invis, and run to Ferrott. Straight south thru NRo, Oasis, Sro, and =
Innothule. Innothule was a breeze, just stick to the wall, invised if =
you are worried. At the entrance to Ferrott, put on Darkelf Illusion, =
just to be safe, invis, and hug the wall going right (north) you will =
eventually get to the entrance to Oggok. OPnce you zone into Oggok, =
check real quick to see if any ogres are aroun entrance, cast DE =
illusion again, invis again. Hang a left, follow grass till end. ( you =
will see the Tyrant. Once you enter the building at the end of the path, =
turn left again, then take the first left after that and follow the hall =
around. it ends in the bar with Clurg. Get next to Clurg, drop invis =
(hope you remembered to cast DE illusion, or you are a greasy spot!), =
/con him, cast alliance, and say what special book. If he answers =
favorably, give him the book, and you will become the proud owner of the =
Stein. Gate back, rinse, repeat if desired.=20

              Took me about 4 hours, no trouble other than crossing =
Kithcor
              =20
            =20
                [Top]=20

             Oh yeah!, forgot!   By: Narmuriel,=20
                15 posts=20
                Posted @ Tue, Aug 20th 3:35 AM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
                If you want to prevent trouble, avoid those wandering =
greenbloods in BB, you take a negative faction hit with Clurg for =
killin' em.
                =20
              =20
                  [Top]=20

        1 message(s) skipped by filter settings  Faction   By: Wulfmarr, =

              4 posts=20
              Posted @ Thu, Jul 25th 9:42 PM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
              I did this with a lvl 12 enchanter who worships Tunare.  I =
used Illusion DE to get apprehensive with Clurg and Alliance to get =
Indifferent.=20

              Please don't hand things to NPCs without talking to them =
first. Usually they will say something to indicate whether your faction =
is adequate.=20

              In this case just /say what special book?=20

              Clurg's reply will indicate whether your faction is good =
enough to proceed.
              =20
            =20
                [Top]=20

           ugh fish!   By: fohat,=20
              7 posts=20
              Posted @ Tue, Jul 23rd 2:25 PM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
              I have done this quest about 6 times now with my Agnostic =
Dark Elf Enchantress.  yesterday I did the quest 3 times hehe! I got a =
bit frustrated with the fish at one point I had my lvl 1 human =
shadowknight kill 4 Kolindl fishs to get one no drop fish! (he is so KOS =
now hehe) respawn rate on swimming kolindl not too bad though, and SK is =
on a second account so I had my chantress buff him with enduring breath =
which helps alot! Also Clurg is now amiable and I have found that I no =
longer need to cast alliance on him to get the stein =3D) This quest is =
excellent and on Druzzil Ro I am selling the steins for 200pp ea which =
adds up.=20
              Another note, since the boats are currently "bugged" there =
are translocator gnomes at docks. What I have been doing is getting a =
port to Toxx (dubious to druids at rings) casting erudite illusion, =
going in and getting the tonic and taking the T/L gnomes to qeynos. at =
eruds crossing the kitty on the dock is indifferent, and there are no =
guards at qeynos. But even without illusions at most places I am not =
KOS, but dubious... I sure hope the patch tomarrow morning doesn't fix =
the boats, those T/L gnomes ROCK!=20

              Alluzion, 13 DE Chantress, D.Ro

              Edited, Tue Jul 23 14:16:56 2002
              =20
            =20
                [Top]=20

           Quest worked fine for me :)   By: Zhudah,=20
              10 posts=20
              Posted @ Fri, Jul 19th 11:53 AM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
              I play a High Elf Enchanter. I started this quest at level =
8 and gathered all the components. When I turned in the components for =
the Barkeeper's Compendium I ding'd 9. :)=20

              I tried to use invisibility then minor illusion to get the =
stein with no luck; the Ogres in the bar smacked me as soon as I started =
casting minor illusion.=20

              Once I got to 12, I scribed the Illusion: Dark Elf spell =
and headed back. As before, I used invisibility to get into Ogguk. Once =
inside and out of sight of any Ogres (make TRIPLE sure you are), I cast =
Illusion:Dark Elf, then invisibility for an extra measure of security. =
Once I was next to Clurg, I held my breath, crossed my fingers and toes, =
and dropped my invisibility spell. Woot! No reaction. I con'd Clurg, and =
he was dubious. I cast Alliance, con'd again, and he was indifferent. =
Gave him the compendium, and he gave me the stein. A quick and hasty =
Gate, and I was safe!

              Edited, Fri Jul 19 11:48:12 2002
              =20
              -Zhudah, Gnome Magician=20
              -Zelthian, High Elf Enchanter=20
              Xegony=20
                [Top]=20

        1 message(s) skipped by filter settings  RE: clurg   By: Zhudah, =

              10 posts=20
              Posted @ Fri, Jul 19th 12:18 PM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
              Clurg is in the Bar/Brew Barrel room in Ogguk, listed as =
number 17 on the EQAtlas map. Enter the room and pan right; he's next to =
the brew barrel.=20

              =20
              -Zhudah, Gnome Magician=20
              -Zelthian, High Elf Enchanter=20
              Xegony=20
                [Top]=20

        4 message(s) skipped by filter settings  RE: Clurg   By: Kamgar, =
Scholar
              127 posts=20
              Posted @ Mon, Jul 8th 2:30 PM 2002 Score: Decent[3.08]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
              Enchanters get both Illusion Orge and Benevolence at level =
20. My Eurdite Enchanter has done the Stein of Moggok many times and had =
no problems with Clurg or anyone else in Ogguk.=20

              Level 1 Shadow Knights make excellent Koalindl killers. =
Because they can Harm Touch, they often can kill the fish more quickly =
than Paladins, Warriors, etc. I can camp and switch characters quickly =
enough that my Chanter usually has to wait a few seconds before the fish =
becomes lootable. (Not all Koalindl corpses carry the quest item you =
need. Be sure to check the timer on the corpse before switching to loot. =
Empty corpses will show less than 30 seconds on the timer.)=20

              Kamgar
              =20
            =20
                [Top]=20

        2 message(s) skipped by filter settings  RE: Stupid Clurg   By: =
Aranka, Scholar
              47 posts=20
              Posted @ Tue, Jun 18th 9:43 PM 2002 Score: Good[3.67]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
              looks like you forgot to cast your alliance spell :) You =
need to have at least amiable faction to get the stein from Clurg.=20

              =20
              Aranka D'Arthiir=20
              37 DE Necromantress=20
              Solusek Ro=20
                [Top]=20

        1 message(s) skipped by filter settings  fish   By: hykkosis,=20
              3 posts=20
              Posted @ Fri, May 31st 10:02 PM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
              i am a dark elf so do i need the illusion to have him give =
it to me=20

              =20
            =20
                [Top]=20

           Charm Frostbite to get fish   By: Anonymous=20
              Posted @ Tue, May 21st 3:30 PM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
              Frostbite no longer accepts regurgitonic with any faction =
level--he says that he has no use for the item and that I can have it =
back.=20

              However...=20

              ...If you charm him, THEN give him the tonic, he will  =
happily give up the fish.
              =20
            =20
                [Top]=20

             RE: Charm Frostbite to get fish   By: zhmoozo, Sage
                158 posts=20
                Posted @ Mon, Sep 16th 10:03 AM 2002 Score: Good[3.71]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
                It's not the dog that is the problem.  It's the =
regurgitonic you are using. I had this problem and cast an identify on =
the reguritonic and it ID'ed as a "Bad Regurgitonic". I discovered that =
these are rare (maybe 1 in 20 or more) so if you have this happen just =
destroy your regurgitonic and go get another one. I now check them =
before I leave the Zoo in Ak'Anon. I use a Silvery Mask to cast the =
Identify spell, by the way. It's a very handy item which you can =
probably buy in the Bazaar from another player if you cannot quest for =
it yourself. I'm not sure what level you need to be to use the mask, =
however.=20

                =20
                Shmoozo=20
              =20
                  [Top]=20

             RE: Charm Frostbite to get fish   By: Dread Lord Zaxton, =
Scholar
                171 posts=20
                Posted @ Thu, Jun 20th 1:07 AM 2002 Score: Good[4.25]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
                today i gave him the tonic with my druid and he just =
said "RUFF RUFF" and fish was in my pack.. didn't charm him first.. =
faction with halas shaman/warriors and qeynos paladins/priest went up.. =
no negative hits.
                =20
                Aedien Windwalker=20
                44 Druid of Tunare=20

                Arranor Mistwalker=20
                35 Ranger of Tunare=20

                Taikwon Xiao=20
                21 Monk of Cazic-Thule=20

                Xegony Server=20
                  [Top]=20

           Me too   By: Pengu,=20
              4 posts=20
              Posted @ Sun, May 19th 7:29 PM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
              I did the Frostbite part today and it worked once, but =
when I tried to do it again it didn't work and nothing I can do will get =
Frostbite to give me the fish.  =20

              Could it be there is a limit to the number of times =
Frostbite will let you give him the tonic? Maybe only once per day or =
something?=20

              With the change that allows you bind in Timorous Deep this =
quest became a lot easier (I ran it completely in 25 minutes.)
              =20
            =20
                [Top]=20

        4 message(s) skipped by filter settings  Dumb, Dumb, Dumb   By: =
stoopid,=20
              3 posts=20
              Posted @ Mon, Apr 29th 10:35 PM 2002 Score: Decent[3.00]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
              So I'm working on my faction so I can do the Quest with my =
Halfling Druid and I finally con Clurg and he is amiable.  I get so =
excited I go into one of my packs and give him a book. He say me no dumb =
ogre, me accept gift. I go huh, he is amiable, I should have got the =
stein. Then I realize the book I gave him is in his hand. I think, that =
shouldn't be. I gave him the Iron Bound Tome I was carrying by mistake. =
Doh!!! I give him the compendium and he gives me the stein. Of course, =
I'm still out the Iron Bound Tome. I guess the morale is always check an =
item before you give it to complete a quest.=20

              Ephus=20
              35 Druid=20
              Stormhammer
              =20
            =20
                [Top]=20

        1 message(s) skipped by filter settings  DE Chanters   By: =
Smegley,=20
              9 posts=20
              Posted @ Wed, Apr 10th 3:08 PM 2002 Score: Excellent[5.00] =
 Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
              A couple points I'd like to bring up for any DE Enchanters =
doing this quest.=20

              1.  When getting the kiola nut, the best I could get the =
merchant up to was dubious. This might have to due with my level 12 =
enchanter worshipping Innoruuk. This is inconsequential, because when I =
tried to do the Kiola Nut part with my 12 Wiz, I found out about the =
pirate on the island (aggros over half the island from what I hear). He =
hits fast, so the chances of getting off a spell are slight. I got my =
nuts when my wizard went back to retrieve her corpse, and one of the =
sisters was in the process of womping the guy. His name is Zyle Bensmill =
(level 12-16). If you see him coming, root or mez him if you can, get =
your nuts, and gate out of there.=20

              2. Get a port to Toxx next, preferably from a druid. You =
can group, then cast invis before the port/trans. That way, the =
wandering erudites won't mash you when you get there. The reason I go to =
Toxx, is to get the Eruds Tonic (simple matter of illusion:erudite and =
Alliance) first, by entering Erudin from the back door instead of the =
dock. This way you won't have to worry about jumping off the boat before =
you can cast your illusion/invis spells. Once you enter Erudin, cast =
illusion:erudite and then Alliance on the first Sentry you see. Get the =
tonic and get to the dock. I always cast invis before stepping on the =
shuttle, just to be safe.=20

              3. By the time the boat reaches Qeynos, your illusion will =
be gone (obviously), and more than likely so will your invis. So on the =
boat, it might be a good idea to memm illusion: human or half elf, =
instead of erudite. I have yet to see any guards at the end of Qeynos' =
dock, so you should be able to step onto it, cast your illusion or just =
invis. I do both just in case the invis fails. Remember, you're more =
than likely bound a long way away....better safe than sorry. Head to the =
North Qeynos zone. Once inside, illusion/invis/alliance again. Move out =
into the newbie zone until you're a safe distance away from the guards, =
than camp. You do that here, so when you log back on, you'll be safe, =
and can recast your illusion/alliance spells.=20

              Now is when you use a mule. Other posts mentioned this, =
and it works pretty good. Make a human cleric that worships (I believe) =
Rodcet Nife, and you should start in Qeynos. You'll probably want to =
take the time to get the mule to second level, then put all your skill =
points into 1h blunt. Proceed to pounding the fish. I have yet to not =
get a corpse from it. Once the fish is dead, log out with your mule, and =
relog with your enchanter. Cast your illusion half elf/alliance spells. =
Go get your fish corpse, then gate back to freeport.=20

              4. For me this is the easiest part. But then again, I have =
a 30 bard that can do a Carl Lewis through Kithicor. Since this quest =
will take a long time (EQ time), do this part whenever it's daylight. =
You can try it with illusion/halfling, but I haven't had to. Regardless, =
whenever if it's daytime at the start of this whole thing, do this part =
first. If not, then it can wait 'til last. I generally check the vendors =
in Misty Thicket for 3 honeycomb. It cost my bard 1gp/5cp for one, but =
it might be more for others. Give the honeycombs and 30 gp to Kizzie =
Mintopp for the honey jum. If you had your enchanter do this, then just =
gate back to freeport. If not, then you'll have to find a quiet place to =
do a drop/transfer.=20

              5. Now that you have all your nasty ingredients, head to =
the Seafarer's Roost. Don't foget to illusion yourself. Occasionally =
there are npcs in there that won't like you. So I would hang just inside =
the door and con them. One time there were 2 barbarians and an ogre that =
were threatening to me even with Alliance. Hang back on the other side =
of the dock until they leave (don't know how long that takes, but they =
will leave eventually). Once everything is safe, give Gregor his stuff, =
and he'll give you the compendium.=20

              6. I don't see any choice but to leg it to Ogguk. Just =
invis and avoid all undead, and you should get there fine. As a darkie, =
you shouldn't need illusion in Ogguk. Just make sure you dole out =
Alliance to a guard and a merchant. AND MAKE SURE YOU ALLIANCE CLURG!!! =
I lost a compendium because he was indifferent. Make sure he is amiable. =
Get your Stein, and gate.=20

              Boo-Yaa. Sell for 200 plat. lather...rinse...repeat.=20

              At low levels, I really can't see doing this with anyone =
other than a dark elf enchanter. If you read this, and plan to make a =
darkie enchanter, I would suggest being Agnostic. It might make doing =
the quest a lot easier. If you worship Innoruuk, well, hopefully this =
post helps.
              =20
            =20
                [Top]=20

        2 message(s) skipped by filter settings  Who needs Qeynos   By: =
Hefe,=20
              2 posts=20
              Posted @ Mon, Apr 8th 4:52 PM 2002 Score: Excellent[4.50]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
              I know some of you may think qeynos is a good place to =
live, but not me. I Have done this quest about 100 times, and I kill the =
fish everytime. Just saves time, and energy. BTW, If you are on the =
Bertoxx Server, and you need a stein, just give me a tell. my name is =
Hefe. I usually either have one on me, or at least most of the items to =
get them. I try not to charge rediculous amounts, but sometimes it just =
takes to long to get them. Just my humble 2cp.=20

              =20
              Hefe Detu=20
              Enchanter Of the 31st Season=20
              Bertoxx=20
                [Top]=20

           Honey Jum, and the Fish   By: Anonymous=20
              Posted @ Sun, Apr 7th 8:54 AM 2002 Score: Decent[2.50]  =
Awful Default Decent Good Excellent=20
              Sorry for the duplicate posting...=20

              Just wanted to clarify something about getting the Honey =
Jum.  I have seen people post recently that you must give the money to =
the NPC in Gold pieces, not Plat. This is not the case. The first time I =
did the quest, I had forgotten to bring gold with me, so I just decided =
to give her 3 pp, and it worked fine.=20

              Also, regarding the Koalindl fish, the way I get it is I =
have made a Human Cleric (they start right at the pool with the fish) to =
kill the fish for me. Just camp my main there, bring in the cleric, kill =
the fish, then loot it with my main.=20

              Sorry if this is repeating info that was already posted, =
but I thought this might help the person who was wondering if the =
Frostbite part of the quest was broken.
              =20
            =20
                [Top]=20

        16 Message(s) skipped by filter settings, 21 displayed=20
         =20
                      Post New Subject:=20
                      Name: Chirrichela  =20
                      Subject: =20