[ensu] elections, env degree info, Tooker Gomberg

  • From: matt.niedzielski@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ensu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 23:20:13 -0500

There's something about voting. I'm staying neutral and keeping my mouth shut.

Cheers,

Matt

1) Governing council elections start March 8th (today)

2) What can I do with an environment degree?

3) Tooker Gomberg news

1)
Hello Everyone,

This is a reminder that beginning today (March 8th) through the 12th UofT
students are able to log-on to www.rosi.utoronto.ca and vote in the Governing
Council elections. Pick your candidate the same way you select your courses.

Every student has 2 votes. As the current (and retiring) full-time
undergraudate student representative, I hope that you will find the time to
support ARI KOPOLOVIC and PREET VIRDI when you log-on.

I know both as outstanding student leaders who have strong records on
environmental issues and I am sure that they will do the job well. Below is a
message from Ari, outlining why you should choose him and Preet.

Thanks and all the best,

Mike Foderick
Member of The Governing Council
University of Toronto

--------------

Dear Undergrads,

My name is Ari Kopolovic and currently I'm on the SAC Board of Directors, and
I serve on Marg-Ad Residence Council, Vic Senate & College Council, and the
Board of Regents. I'm also currently a candidate for UofT's Governing Council.

On Governing Council, I will continue to fight for:

-A Fully-Funded Tuition Freeze

-Shorter Lineups for TTC Metropasses

-Bigger Metropass Discount

-OSAP Reform, A More Accessible Campus

-Greener, More Sustainable Campus

-An Independent Voice for UTSC

-A New Deal for UTM

-Per-Course Payment for Commerce/Compsci

To learn more about my platform, please take a look at my website
http://www.ariforgc.com

To vote: log in to http://www.rosi.utoronto.ca then click 'elections'

Please, just take a minute to vote; your vote will really make a difference.
The vote dates are March 8-12 on ROSI. If you feel comfortable doing so,
please tell your friends/roommates to vote as well. Your vote matters!

Remember, in this election you can vote for two people, so please also take a
moment to visit www.preetvirdi.ca to check out my running-mate, the
Scarborough Campus Students' Union President, Preet Virdi.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely,

Ari Kopolovic
www.ariforgc.com

2)
What Can I Do With A Degree In Environmental Studies?
Noon-1:00 p.m.
Career Centre Details: (416) 978-8001
DATE AND TIME:  Monday, March 8, 2004
terry.johnston@xxxxxxxxxxx

3)
Friends,

It is with great sadness that I report that Tooker Gomberg,
writer, politician and environmentalist, is missing and
presumed dead.

All indications are that he took his life on March 4th.
He leaves behind his partner, Angela Bischoff.

Originally from Montreal, Tooker spent time in Edmonton
and Toronto before moving to Halifax in 2003. Tooker was
an inspired writer, activist and green crusader. He touched
the lives of many -- through his Greenspiration project, his
remarkable mayoral campaign in Toronto, and many many
other projects and writings.

To learn more about Tooker, to read his writings, ideas,
news coverage and discussion, please see the links below.

Planetfriendly.net has created an on-line discussion
forum where you can share your thoughts and feelings
about Tooker, his life and ideas. To see the posts and
discussion, or to add your own comments, go to:
http://www.planetfriendly.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=19

Groups in Halifax, Toronto, Montreal and Edmonton are
planning memorials. If you hear the details of any public
gatherings, please post them on the above forum.

We've also created a forum for your thoughts on how
to create stronger, more supportive community for
environmentalists, activists and everyone who is
working for a better, more sustainable world:
http://www.planetfriendly.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=18
http://www.planetfriendly.net/community.html#anywhere

Any announcements, updates or discussion related
to this message will be posted on the forum.

- Peter Blanchard
people@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planetfriendly.net/forum/

RELATED NEWS, LINKS, DISCUSSION, COMMUNITY

Tooker Gomberg - Online Discussion & Announcements
http://www.planetfriendly.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=19

Globe & Mail - Tooker Gomberg presumed dead:
http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20040305.wgomb03205/BNStory/
Front/
(or follow this link and scroll down to Globe & Mail:
http://www.planetfriendly.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55 )

Greenspiration -- Tooker & Angela's "around-the-world
odyssey documenting and sharing inspiring ecological stories"
http://www.greenspiration.org/

Tooker Gomberg -- Writings and Links
http://www.greenspiration.org/
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22tooker+gomberg%22
http://news.google.com/news?q=%22tooker+gomberg%22

Being an Activist, Changing the World
http://www.greenspiration.org/Article/TenCommandments.html
http://www.sierraclub.ca/national/activist.html
http://www.planetfriendly.net/enviro.html

Caring too much, caring too little, by Peter Blanchard
http://www.planetfriendly.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=82
http://www.abbeyweb.net/quotes.htx?query=paragraph&op=search
http://www.planetfriendly.net/health.html#stress

Creating Stronger Community -- Links, Resources, Discussion
http://www.planetfriendly.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=18
http://www.planetfriendly.net/community.html#anywhere

"Take care of yourself and each other" - Tooker Gomberg

This has been a special post to the
People- & Planet-Friendly e-mail list:
http://www.planetfriendly.net