[endhungerwi] "Should Obesity Disqualify Food Stamps for Junk Food?"

  • From: "Paul, June C. DPI" <June.Paul@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "endhungerwi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <endhungerwi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 16:11:26 -0500

Anyone feel like we should discuss this so we are all on the same page (if
possible)?

October 11, 2011
EmaxHealth.com - an independent health news organization whose mission is to
report daily health news and inform the public.
"Should Obesity Disqualify Food Stamps for Junk Food?"
Written by: Timothy Boyer

A response to the NPR interview conducted by Sherrie Tussler questioning if the
root of the problem is America's view of obesity as a social stigma.
http://www.emaxhealth.com/8782/should-obesity-disqualify-food-stamps-junk-food

October 10, 2011
NPR - Talk of the Nation
"Should Food Stamps Buy Fast Food?"

The number of Americans relying on food stamps has jumped 70 percent since
2007. As more people join the program, there's a growing debate over whether or
not recipients should be able to use food stamps at fast food restaurants.
Sherrie Tussler was the guest on this national call-in show.

http://www.npr.org/2011/10/10/141213275/should-food-stamps-buy-fast-food

June C. Paul, Director
School Nutrition Team
Wisconsin Dept. of Public Instruction
Phone:  (608) 267-9121
FAX:  (608) 267-0363
Email:  june.paul@xxxxxxxxxx

Stay Connected! Follow the DPI School Nutrition Team here: