Re: welcome to the emelFM2 mailing list

  • From: tooar <tooar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 14:05:35 +0200

hello!

A L wrote on Tue, 13.04.2004:
> >the current goal for version 0.1.0 is, to finish the port to gtk2, ie
> >replace all deprecated widgets.
>
> Talking about gtk2, I saw that the pre-release now requires gtk 2.4.
> Will this stay this way or would it be possible to get it working on
> gtk 2.2?

well, gtk2.4 introduces a new combobox and it's the best to
adopt it as early as possible so e2 doesn't end up with deprecated
widgets again when gtk2.6 is released one day. besides, it seems gtk2.4
is not completely binary compatible to gtk2.2. i've had some reports of
dialogs popping up with a size of 0x0 pixel with gtk2.4 and e2 0.0.7.

if you don't have gtk2.4 yet, 0.0.7 is probably the last version you can
use right now. sorry, but there isn't much i could do about it.

regards,

        tooar

--
http://news.com.com/2100-1023-212942.html?legacy=cnet

"As long as they are going to steal it [software], we want them to
steal ours. They'll get sort of addicted, and then we'll somehow
figure out how to collect sometime in the next decade."

  --Bill Gates, M$ CEO, 1998