Re: problem running od debian sid

  • From: tooar <tooar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 16:57:33 +0200

dsyates wrote on Wed, 16.06.2004:
> tooar wrote:
> > dsyates wrote on Wed, 16.06.2004:
> >
> >>I have recently dumped fedora core 2 for debian sid on my desktop
> >>computer. I had no problem compiling the latest pre-release; but
> >when>I try to run emelfm2, I get the following error:
> >>
> >>/usr/local/bin/emelfm2: /lib/tls/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.3.4'
> >not >found (required by /usr/local/bin/emelfm2)
> >>
> >>I assume this is because Debian sid only comes with libc-2.3.2? Does
> >
> >>anyone know differently. I would have thought debian sid would be
> >more>
> >>up to date. If anyone knows how I can fix this I would be much
> >>appreciative. Thanks.
> >

> > well, this is quite surprising since i use a debian/testing-unstable
> > mix myself and i also only have glibc2.3.2. try to run ldconfig and
> > then compile. or try to compile with a different gcc (maybe you have
> > to install it first) (edit the Makefile.config). though, over here
> > it works fine with gcc-3.2, gcc-3.3 and gcc-3.4. what is the output
> > of "ldd./emelfm2"?
> >

> > regards,
> >
> >     tooar
> >

> ldd ./emelfm2
>                  libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0 => /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0
..

> I got the same error after trying an ldconfig before making with a
> fresh tree

hmm, can't see anything unusual. did you try a different gcc?
(eg. apt-get install gcc-3.2 should do the trick)

btw, debian is a really good choice! :) don't forget to install
apt-listbugs if you run unstable so you don't accidently kill your
system with a broken package.

regards,

        tooar

--
Linux is like a wigwam: no gates, no windows and an apache insinde