is the rename plugin broken?

  • From: Walther Maldonado <walther.md@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Emelfm2 <emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 12:15:00 +0100

Good day,

I've been trying to no avail to use the rename plugin and I give up. I wonder
if I am doing something wrong or there's a bug in here somewhere.

Let's say I have a directory with files named like "S1.01.log", "S1.02.log",
"S1.03.log" and so on, and I want to change the leading S1 into S2.

On the rename plugin window I would use the options:

Search for items: in active directory
Match regular expression, Current name like this: S1(.*)
New name like this: S2\1

When confirming, this only shows "renaming file name S1.01.log into  ,
proceed?" (yes, the new name is blank!). Actually, I tried using the wildcard
(.*) (all files) with the replacement chain \1 (first group), and this also
yields blank files... however, if I use \0 I do get the whole filename back.

Also, on the confirmation dialog, if I press "omit" or "cancel", in both cases
the renaming process ends after one entry, even though more entries should be
matched...

Any idea of what's going on? There are no clues on the stdout/stderr streams
from the app.

Walther.