Re: getting widget font size

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:16:42 -0500

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 08:27:32 -0600
David Jensen <djensen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The e2_widget_get_font_pixels func doesn't work correctly (it was my
> contribution).
>
> Attached is a patch that seems much better.
Hi David

A question or three arising:

What is the problem with your original approach ?

Given that the function is producing approximate character-sizes, in what sense
is the size of (english) "m" a more useful basis for such approximation? For
example, using that seems to me to significantly increase dialog width (for

Should some other letter be used for (some) other languages ?