Re: desktop entry

  • From: "Liviu Andronic" <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2007 11:24:34 +0100

On 12/9/07, tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So I'm inclined to leave the defaults as they are. Anyhow, the desktop file
> would normally be tailored by a distro, to suit its own menu requirements.

emelFM2 is not widely supported by distributions, and appart from rpm
and deb based distributions, I imagine that most users compile emelFM2
from source. The latter is also true for Gentoo: no tailoring of the
source code other than for security or important patches. In my
opinion, defaults should suit this big chunk of users, that compile
emel from source.

At any rate, there is another problem with the desktop file: the icon
never makes its way into the Desktop Menu. At least not on Gentoo
under Xfce with emel manually built from source. That is, there is no
icon next to the emel entry in the Desktop menu.

Would it be difficult to fix this?

Liviu