Re: compilation error when HAL is enabled

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 05:09:23 +1100

On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 15:50:05 +0200
Christoph Wickert <christoph.wickert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> when I enable support for HAL in emelfm2-0.4 I get the following errors:
>
> > src/filesystem/e2_hal.c:31:37: error: dbus/dbus-glib-lowlevel.h: No such
> > file or directory
>
> All necessary headers should be there because I have hal-devel,
> dbus-devel and dbus-glib-devel installed:
>
> > $ rpm -q hal-devel dbus-devel dbus-glib-devel
> > hal-devel-0.5.10-1.fc8.2
> > dbus-devel-1.1.2-9.fc8
> > dbus-glib-devel-0.73-7.fc8
> > $ rpm -ql hal-devel dbus-devel dbus-glib-devel | grep /usr/include
> > /usr/include/hal
> > /usr/include/hal/libhal-storage.h
> > /usr/include/hal/libhal.h
> > /usr/include/dbus-1.0
> > /usr/include/dbus-1.0/dbus

I used to get those sorts of things, too. I found a discrepancy between content
of dbus development files, and the way they seem to be installed now.

I assumed that this is a matter for distros and packagers, and probably
specific to my system, so I did not mention it here previously. But I see that
yours has the same setup, so maybe it's the new "normal".

Yours and my dbus headers are installed in
  /usr/include/dbus-1.0/dbus
However, some of those installed headers, and others, refer to the files in
that place by
  #include <dbus/....>
and so I used that convention in e2 code.
To make it work, I added a link from /usr/include/dbus-1.0/dbus to
/usr/include/dbus