Re: bad moves

  • From: tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 11:36:57 +1100

Thankyou Peter for the feedback. That is most appreciated.

However, I can't reproduce the behaviour you describe. I would like to explore
exactly what happened, so we can urgently fix what is needed.

> i don't know if this bug has allready been reported and fiex - i'm
> only running the 0.1.2.
> but anyway. when moving a folder from one place to an other the filens
> in the desination folder is lost.
> we got to folders: /home/user1/foo and /home/usr2/foo - both folder
> contains files with diffent filemnames (ex: /home/usr/foo/test1.txt
> and /home/usr2/foo/test2.txt). when i want to move the files i'm
> promted if i want to overwrite, but did not want to overwite the
> files. after cofirming that i want to overwrite the orininal files i
> gone.
Following your example, were you starting to move

the folder /home/user1/foo

or

the file /home/usr/foo/test1.txt ?

From your description, it sounds like you moved the folder. (By the way, the
commands in emelfm2 work on whatever is selected, NOT on the contents of what
is selected, if that selection happens to be a folder. So, if you had wanted to
proceed instead of cancelling, the destination folder /home/usr2/foo and all
its contents would normally be replaced by the source folder /home/user1/foo
and all its contents. To move item(s) in the original directory to the other
one, you would need to select those item(s), not the folder itself.)

To cancel the move, did you
press Return key, or
press Esc key, or
press Alt-N keys, or
click cancel button, or
click the close-window icon in the dialog title-bar ?