Re: anybody use e2 on gentoo?

  • From: Nick <supanerk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 21:37:34 +0200

Hi Tom,

> There's a message on emelfm2.org about v.0.1.1 crashing on gentoo. But
> the poster left no contact details.

I'm running gentoo on amd64 and use emelfm2 regularly. It works fine for me.
The only minor flaw I've seen is that activating the config option
"run file operations in background" doesn't work (copying large files
blocks the gui). But there's a copy-with-progessbar plugin, so that's
not a real problem.

> The described symptoms seemed strange. I'd appreciate hearing whether
> the problem is reproducible, or has been resolved.

I think I also had this problem some time ago right after an upgrade,
but I don't know which version that was. I solved it by deleting my
old emelfm2 config dir.
Regards,
Nick