Where did my files go?

  • From: "Rolf Karlsson" <rolfkarlsson82@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 08:06:48 +0100

I have a really big problem. Here's the deal.

I mounted an ext3 partition on my system, I tried using the -o uid=myuid but since that didn't work I figured that it probably would work anyway to write to it without being root.

Now to my little problem: I tried MOVING all my files to this mounted partition through emelfm2, of course not being root then. It reports the following:

Cannot create new directory /mnt/Download/My Documents - Access denied

Okey, so I can't move it, no biggie. Yes it is, because even though the program couldn't actually WRITE the target it removed the source. PLEASE tell me there's a way to get my loved files back!