Re: How does one reconfigure / re-map one's mouse buttons in emelfm2?

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 09:32:32 +1000

On Fri, 6 Sep 2013 15:43:17 -0500
Theor Wen <theorwen@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's slightly more messy than Adam originally advised.

The typical setting to enable this stuff is
 WITH_CUSTOMMOUSE=1

That can be applied dynamically, as an argument to the make command used to
build the application, or you could edit/patch Makefile.config, e.g. change
 WITH_CUSTOMMOUSE ?= 0
 WITH_CUSTOMMOUSE ?= 1

Some additional functionality can be enabled by a BUTTON_FAKE setting.
Specifically, another action ('button.fake' in english), which can be run to
mimic an actual pointer-device event, plus some extra parsing of configuration
data to support description of such events.

That stuff is still regarded by me as somewhat untested, and not usually of
much use, so it's only available if emelfm2.h is edited/patched - change
  //# define WITH_BUTTONFAKE
  # define WITH_BUTTONFAKE

(BTW, the above comments apply also to WITH_KEYFAKE, and a 'key.fake' action.)