E2 automagically scrolls to top of pane when Ctrl-clicking item

  • From: "Jonathan A. Irwin" <jnthn_gmane@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 07:34:43 -0400

Here's a weird one. I'm surprised I never noticed it before.

I was moving some files out of a dir last night, when e2 suddenly
scrolled up to the top of the active pane. WTF, says I. Then it
happened again, and again. I had been holding the Ctrl key down
while selecting multiple files to move, then switching to the
other pane to see what I had there... then back again, and e2
sometimes would scroll slowly to the top of the pane. No way to
stop it... have to wait for it to finish before I can resume work.

Turns out to be related to Ctrl key, and not pane switching, I think.

To reproduce...

1) Open a dir and scroll down some.

2) Click a file to select.

3) Ctrl click to deselect... do not release the Ctrl key.

4) While still holding Ctrl key down, click any file again.

5) Wait helplessly as e2 slowly scrolls to top. :|

My usual window manager is windowmaker, but I can reproduce the
behavior in KDE and XFCE as well.

Setup is:
=============
emelfm2-0.2.0