Re: Disappearing icons

  • From: tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 08:52:01 +1100

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 13:10:31 +1100
Ian <IanDudley-Bestow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have been a satisfied emelFM2 customer for a while, then it happened.
> My icons disappeared, as did the plugins.
>
> If I start emelFM2 from the console I get the following error.
>
> (emelfm2:960): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_store_iter_next: assertion
> `iter->user_ data != NULL' failed
>
> What can the problem be?
>
> Regards
>
> Ian.
>
> Slackware 10.1
> emelFM2 0.1.3
> gtk+ 2.6.1
Sounds like a config problem.

Do you see "missing image" icons instead of the normal ones ?

By a process of elimination ....

1. check that the items are where expected -

/usr/share/pix/maps/emelfm2
/usr/lib/emelfm2/plugins

(assuming you've installed with prefix /usr)

2. the config file may contain paths referring to some other place for these.
The quickest way to remedy that is to open the config dialog (F11 since you
can't recognise the icon) and then click the 'Default' button.

3. If you're able to rebuild the application, do so with a 'make' parameter
DEBUG=1 and then run from console, to check for any other clues among the
messages.

The application should be robust against missing things, so please let us know
what you discover.