Re: Copy/move to NFS problem

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 19:06:07 +1100

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 20:40:09 +0400
Kyrill Detinov <lazy.kent@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have problem when I copy or move files to NFS-mounted directory.
> Created directory is named "dir_name-incomplete". Move doesn't
> delete source directory. In the output pane I see: "Cannot copy all
> of ..."
> I have checked the content of the both directories and it is identical.
>
> Copy/move to NFS works well in another file manager.
>
> How to fix the problem?
>
> --
> WBR
>   Kyrill

Basically, at the end of the process, the temporary destination-directory needs
to be renamed, and often, its permission(s) changed, and then (for a move) the
source directory removed. The latter will be aborted if any previous part of
the process fails. So it seems as if the rename/chmod is not happening as
intended.

AFAIK there can be various 'quirks' with NFS behaviour, and I for one am not
across them.

We can investigate, using extra builds, with customised files designed to shed
light on just what is happening, if you're up for that.