[emelfm] Happy New Year

  • From: Florian Zähringer <flo.zaehringer@xxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 15:15:34 +0100

Happy New Year!

Seems like we are slowly but constantly growing. Now we are 5 :)

Unfortunately I'm very busy and stressed at the moment but I things will settle
in spring. Until then you cannot expect big deeds from me :(

If you haven't noticed: emelfm2.org is down. Tooar set up something new at
emelfm2.net. Thus all old links should work if you replace org with net.

Anyway I plan to start -elm2 pretty soon. First I want to include all of
Martintxo's changes so people can test it. Like he did I planed to change the
date since many people ask about that. I would suggest a format like 'ls -l'
does it: YYYY-MM-DD. That should do for English and Non-English users...
comments on this are welcome.

As I already mentioned my progressbar plugins will get a small fix. Maybe not
in the first preview of -elm2.

I didn't investigate too deep but I think the ctrl-click thing Jeff suggested
is not that easy to implement. At least not if you want it configurable.

Another thing came up: debian.
I'm a debian-user myself and I suggested to Eduard Bloch (who maintains the
original emelfm for debian) that I would help him with my changes. I think it
makes no sense to make a new debian package emelfm-elm. Just patch the old one.
But he didn't respond to that :(
But it should be possible to get at least my bug fixes into the debian package.
I could at least submit my fixes as separated patches. But then the
progressbars would be missing. Maybe if more people write Eduard about this...

Ok, That's it for now. Wish you all a very pleasant and successfull year 2006.

-- Florian