[EMAS] Snow/Ross's geese WWC farm fields

  • From: Jay Wherley <jrw@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Emas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 18:04:04 -0500

i'm calling the light morph a Ross's Goose based on bill. (little to no grin
mark,
vertical base, bluish base). here's a photo of both, let me know any other
thoughts...

also attaching a map to location,
P = parking, G = gate to go through on foot, follow the path/road as it bends
around
and stay on the right/West side of the central ditch. Geese X observed from O
across
ditch.

Jay Wherley
Asheville

On 12/29/15 3:10 PM, Jay Wherley wrote:

Actually I think the light phase may be a Ross's! Trying to get better looks.

On Tuesday, December 29, 2015, Jay Wherley <jrw@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:jrw@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I'm looking at two Snow Geese, one dark one light in back corner farm
field right now.

Jay W.