[ell-i-pcb-design] Switch to STM32F042 with USB

  • From: Pekka Nikander <pekka.nikander@xxxxxx>
  • To: "ell-i-pcb-design@xxxxxxxxxxxxx design" <ell-i-pcb-design@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 05:57:11 +0200

Quoting ST: "The new STM32F0x2 line provides a combination of features not
found in other ARM Cortex-M0 devices, such as support for CAN and a full-speed
USB 2.0 controller with a self-calibrated clock system that simplifies design
and saves external circuitry. Other USB functionality includes support for
Battery-Charger Detection, which allows battery-powered devices to optimize
recharging times with better flexibility, and Link-Power Management, which
enables energy saving through enhanced system control. Separate power domains
for analog and digital I/Os support low-voltage operation while allowing a
higher voltage dynamic range for accurate sensing on analog peripherals."

Here is the full press release:  http://www.st.com/web/en/press/p3496

I think we should consider switching the Baselli MCU to STM32F042C6.

http://www.st.com/web/catalog/mmc/FM141/SC1169/SS1574/LN1823/PF259561

That would drop the DAC from the Baselli board, but we could add USB there.
Opinions?

--Pekka