[elky] non The Buick I rented in the mountains.

  • From: Saul Marsh <saulmarsh72@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 09:22:13 -0700 (PDT)

I'm at work, so I can't attach pictures.  But if you're interested, check out
the cars available for rent at this site:  http://www.sportscarrentals.com/

A couple weeks ago I rented their '63 Skylark convertible and drove around the
mountains in my former home state.  Was a wonderful trip, and the car was a
great addition.  Tough old car, simple to operate, and very eye-catching.
Kinda changed my tastes in cars a little, too.  I liked cruising around the
mountains in a quiet car getting about 20 mpg.  I have since looked on ebay and
seen how the Skylark progressed into a large muscle car later in the '60's.  I
think I prefer the Granny version like the one I rented.

So lately I've kinda wondered if I'd be happier in a '63-65 elky, too.  My '73
has lots of potential as a muscle car, but I don't know if that's as exciting
to me anymore, especially with $4/gallon gas a very likely possibility in the
future.

Anyway, that's all I have for now.  Just wanted to brag about my vacation!

Saul
'73 GMC Sprint