[elky] Re: Weekend car projects

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 06:01:34 -0400 (EDT)

Well, to make you feel better tell him that as they wear they'll open
up...........

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 4/29/2013 5:55:30 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
johncgg@xxxxxxxxx writes:

That sounds like a lot of good Auto Therapy! Pics look great too. A arms
are a bitch. I am looking at that before too long as well.

I got  some yesterday helping Nate change the plugs in his 04 Jag. Thank
God it's a  V8 and not a V6. I won't be working on ours after the V6 in the
pathfinder. He  has a little over 100K on his. He thinks he got the wrong gap
off the  internet. Might be a little tight at .031 vs .040, but it seems to
run fine. I  question pulling them all again.

JC

On Sun, Apr 28, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Brian <_ctsvmongo@gmail.com_
(mailto:ctsvmongo@xxxxxxxxx) > wrote:

Had a good man weekend in the garage.got the water pump off the 51, the
bottom section of the gasket was pretty messed up so I'm confident that was
the leak. Thought about trying to just do a gasket, but the inside of the
pump was gross and almost solid blocked up and plugged.   Ordered a  reman one
from _partsgeek.com_ (http://partsgeek.com/)  cause the one oreilly had
stocked didnt have  a pulley, and I broke the pully trying to get it off the
old pump.  Had  to take radiator out including half the front of the truck to
get the pump  out.  All good fun but wasn't what I anticipated.  The thing
must  hold 5 gallons of coolant.

Started on putting the new hotchkis springs on the front of the  chevelle.
The front lower a arm on pass side was split from the ball joint  off the
end all the way across.  I thought I'd try craigslist just to  see and a guy
was selling a full frame chassis for a 68 in council bluffs,  when I called
he said he already sold the frame but the buyer didnt want  anything but the
frame, so I picked up an original for $25 then a new ball  joint for $25. It
had newer rubber  bushings, so alittle clean up,  paint and lots of grease
up to my elbows... was back In action. Might have  to look into some
lowering shocks to help with rebound since it got the 2  inch lowering springs.

Oh taking the lowers off sucks.  Had to get the header out of the  way,
including plugs n wires, and the mini starter wasn't mini enough so  that had
to go too. If I ever have to replace that it might be easier to  pulle the
engine, hard trans lines run right under neath it.  Lots of  fun, finally nice
weather, and have 2 hot rods torn apart. Shouldnt be long  for either of
them though.

Sent from my Galaxy  S®III