[elky] The real heat is here.

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2012 14:48:47 -0500

Was 100* just before noon and didn't drop under 100* till 7pm yesterday The
high was 108*. Now you guys that are getting 100* temps complain but you
don't have it for 7hrs of the day it's just the high temp...

                   The AC did cycle some yesterday. The windows we have put
in have made a big difference in air leakage.Will get to the rest of them
in the fall or spring. Only have one 6'x6' window out front to do and the
other three in the back are 36x36 and smaller bathroom windows. The 36"
being a new window I'm putting in the laundry room.

                       All the grass is dead. Everything up front is dead
cause it's mainly st augustine (AKA crabgrass). In the back I have a tiny
patch or two of sahara bermuda which will come back if the roots grew
enough(supposed to grow well here yeah right) and a bigger patch of
centipede grass that is actually the only grass that does well in this poor
soil and it will come back as well. If all goes well this week I'll have
more cash to spend on the house but less time to do anything. Not a whole
lot as remember living in TX pay is half or less what it is up north. Hence
the illusion of cheap houses and lower cost of living. My favorite line in
an article about why TX has the most fast growing citys was along the lines
that houses seem cheap to people from other states.(till they see the
300-400 elec bills in the summer for those slightly larger houses.

                     And also cause of the heat gas mileage on cars goes
down this time of year too. WIth that AC compressor running full load all
the time it drags allot more than you think. I'm around 22 lately. Was
getting closer to 28 before it got hot but as it cools off the mileage goes
up and the engine has more power. The loss in power is very noticeable when
it's 100*+ and more than that on the pavement.

                      Elky news. I have mine up for sale locally. WIll be
posting on ECC and others soon. I would think it would sell so someone up
north cause of the lack of rust.