[elky] Re: OT: My new toy

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2010 06:46:01 -0600

Well...I gotta say that "country" (or as they say in Nashville, "we got both kinds of music: country AND western.") is one of my two least favorite genres of music. (The other would be rap/hip hop.) However, if we stretch the point to include country blues (a completely different genre) I'll go for that.

It's gonna be a steep learning curve, but I started getting used to the fingerpicks last nite. After I finish up a little web editing...well, it won't be finished, but I'll do as much as I can this morning: www.kustomrama.com , "Featured Stories." Check out Clif Inman's 57 Chrysler...it's a gorgeous kustom. It could even make me think Mopar. Nawww...I don't think so. But as automotive sculpture, it's beautiful.

On 11/2/2010 6:15 AM, John Christensen wrote:
You can take the man out of the Country, but you can't take the Country out of the man.

JC

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 5:32 PM, Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I have a new toy.  It's on loan, but I've been told I can use it
    until next August when salt flats season begins:

    It's a Fender lap steel 6-string with slides, picks (finger and
    regular) and another set of strings that I don't think I'll be
needing any time soon. It could be an interesting winter. Ohh...it works with my practice amp just fine.