[elky] Re: OT: A little storm

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 20:44:36 -0700

Yanno, Mary, asking if I could help would be a good idea, but I don't speak Tongan.  Thanks ever so much for the wind.  It's probably in Colorado now.  Yes, meditation would be a good idea.

I've been taking time exposures as this thing continues...the snow seems to have begun in earnest.  There's 3-4 inches in my back yard.  It's still only 33-34F.  Wait til it freezes.  If the demon spawn attack tonite (RLS like last nite) then I'll be up getting a lotta photos.

I may try to use the video feature on my camera.  Then I could REALLY say film at 11.

On 11/20/2010 8:02 PM, Mary McCarthy wrote:
Ray, you are starting to sound like that cranky old fart down the street.  Ignore the car on the sidewalk, or wander over and ask what's wrong with the Aerostar.  They probably won't like the old fart down the street annoying them and get it taken care of.

I think we sent that wind storm your way.  You're welcome.

ommmmmmmmmmm

Mary

We're having a little storm here.

First, here's what things looked like earlier this afternoon when I decided to get a shot of a (I'm gonna be charitable) neighbor who parks his truck on the sidewalk.  I've been rousted numerous times for just having my bumper over the edge of the sidewalk and it still jangles some nerves.  I'm trying to decide whether I otta drop a dime on 'em.  The van that's parked backwards is done so because it doesn't run (they pushed it into place...there are enough of them) and the registration is expired.  Let mine go a coupla weeks over and I get a warning.  I wanna move to Australia.  Here's the photo:

We've had about 30 percent of the earth's air come thru the Salt Lake Valley on its way north over the last 4 or 5 days (mama told me a bazillion times not to exaggerate) and it's been in a hurry.  A pretty big hurry.  Not a hurricane, nor sustained maritime winds, but plenty for me.

A dead tree in the yard of the home directly behind me was blown over onto my fence.  Again, not a tornado or anything like that, just an inconvenience.  That house is apparently vacant; there are weeds everywhere in the back yard.

There's another fence stave that was broken...I spose I'll have to fix it like the one barely visible to the right.  At the time, wind was in the 20s, gusting (according to wunderground.com) near 60.

More in the next post.