[elky] Lean light on the El Camino

  • From: John Christensen <johncgg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: El Camino List <elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 07:50:06 -0500

I am wondering if this mod would help with my lean condition. I am thinking
that with the addition of more Ethanol, I will need to get a richer mixture
somehow. Otherwise I'll have to get another chip burned.

http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/MAP_adjuster.html

Just picked up the new front seal for the power steering leak on the Elky.
Will have to borrow the puller from Tom. Do you think this is doable on the
car??? I was thinking of taking the assembly off and doing it on the bench.

The new heads on the Monte are working great. Smooth and no smoke. Starts
well, but I need to clean and fine tune the carb. No leaks that I have found
in the last 2 weeks of going to work and errands.

The Pathfinder is getting tired, and we are thinking of trading it in. Nate
and Cindy went test driving yesterday. She may go back to a stick. For her
business, and to get better mileage, the most fun factor with utility for
carrying dogs around is the Mini Clubman 6 speed. She drove one yesterday
and loved it. Don't know if we will pull the trigger, but I know the
Pathfinder has a leaking head gasket, steering rack boot to replace. I have
a boot, and some rear sway bar bushings, but no time to get them changed.
They may look at another one that is a little lower mileage (20 something)
and cheaper near Nate's old work place. They are about 18-20K in the 20-30
mileage range. Would not want a CVT to fix, so manual is the only option.
Otherwise we are looking at a more standard 4 door. Sure could use the open
space that the Clubman has over the car for the animals. (and drum sets)
Pathfinder is the perfect size, it's just getting old at 1999 and 160K.

1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net