[elky] Re: Gag me with a spoon (the rest of the car show photos)

  • From: Robert Adams <elcam84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jul 2011 16:42:11 -0500

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Like John, I went to work and got the remainder of the photos edited and
> on the server last nite:
> http://www.chevyasylum.com/cruisin/cruisin2011/20110702/Welcome.html
>
> Today, the Camaro Beater got a new windshield and I found a new nose at a
> junkyard for $65.  It's an 82 and not an 88, but it'll be better than the
> ripped one that's on there.  I just need to pull the old one off and
> straighten the fenders a bit.  The guy who helped me at the junkyard seemed
> older than I, told me that he had 8 Stents in his chest and smoked like a
> chimney.  But he was one REAL nice guy and seems to have a memory like an
> elephant.  He knew exactly what was in inventory and told me that when the
> next 88/89 Camaro that comes in, he'll pull the whole front clip off for me
> if it's in good condition.  It's good to have friends at junkyards.

                   I have to pull the spindles off Geri's PT cruiser and
replace the wheel bearings. Typical chrysler crap. They went out when it hit
30K but have been putting it off because you have to press the hub out of
the bearing then the bearing out of the spindle then back in the same way.
Real cars have hubs that bolt in.... Real PITA....

> In other news (seems to be a recurring theme), I'm still on my diet.  I've
> lost 39 pounds and seem to be at a plateau at 161.  I need to get rid of 11
> more.

                   Cool. Geri has me going the other way. She has really
screwed up my feeding schedule so I end up snacking too much and that means
bad for you snacks.

> And I need to work on the photos from Monday's show in the heat of the day
> (it's really not that hot...82) and then go work on cars this evening.
> Yesterday I finished wiring up the relay for the ignition box on the race
> car.  That's the end of the wiring from the terminal strips...now I need to
> do some tidying up, put the wires in looms and fit the ends and top to the
> distribution box.  It's some sorta progress.

                I'd love 82* .... It barely gets that cool at night here.
It's back to 106* every day here. Looks like it's going to be one of the
hottest summers on record. Been over 100* every day for two months and we
still have two months of 100*+ weather left. And to make it better the dew
point is always 60* or better so hot and humid....