[elky] Re: Dream Trio (and race car update/thread hijack)

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 18:34:42 -0600

Cool group of cars, for sure.  Glad ya had a good time at the Brickyard.

I've always held the view that if I don't get some sort of busted knuckle or scrape or bruise while working on a car, it's not much of a success.  Given that, I must have had a very, very productive day yesterday:

The cuts stopped bleeding pretty quickly, but I donated my share for the day.

Over the last few days (except when my sister was here visiting from Phoenix) I've been trying to do as much as I can whenever I can.  I think I have just about everything underneath the car taken care of including filling the rear end with gear lube, getting the damned ATF dipstick back into the transmission and bolted to the block, spark plugs re-inserted and wires attached, FINALLY a belt on the alternator/crankshaft/water pump (the ps pump is still fighting with me) and the TV cable installed and adjusted.

It doesn't look much different and I still have to do some wiring management (among other things) but this evening, I think I'll work on getting things together so I can give it a Blinding Flash Test asap:  ATF, radiator hoses, coolant, and all the other stuff that will inevitably come up between then and now.

On 7/30/2012 3:55 PM, John Christensen wrote:
There were so many cool cars in the museum at Indy when I went to the Brickyard 400 yesterday, it is hard to fathom.
Here is a nice little trio parked together.
1957 SS Corvette, 1965 Ferrari 250LM (Le Mans Winner), 1966 Mark II B Ford Prototype.

I'll have more pictures soon. I have about 800 to go through. First time at a NASCAR race for me. Had a great time.

1984 El Camino "Elkenstein" 350 TBI
NECOA #042 http://www.myelcamino.net