[elky] Re: Did ya say "craggy"

  • From: Ray Buck <rbuck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2009 12:28:34 -0600

At 12:02 PM 10/3/2009, you wrote:
okay, I pulled the map and the photos. We came up from Denver to I 80,then across to I 84 east of SLC. It's that stretch of I 84 between I 80 and Ogden where I took this pic (I hope). that's the canyon I remember. It did start to snow as we were going through there (February). Then we headed north the next day into Wyoming where the second one was taken.

Ok...that's in the general vicinity of Devil's Slide. February is one nasty-ass time to travel that area. Lucky you didn't get caught in freeway closures east of Rock Springs.

The other shots are beautiful. I've always wanted to visit Crater Lake cuz my ma lived in Grant's Pass for several years during the depression and spoke of it quite a bit when I was young. Seems my grandparents sorta shuffled between Goldfield, NV and Grants Pass for a while. I've been to Goldfield (I posted some of the photos here...they're on my server: http://www.chevyasylum.com/goldfield/goldfield.html ) but, like I said, somehow I seem to have missed the NW in my travels. I'll get there one day.

Ray
ps.  I'll see you a sunset and raise you a sunrise.