[elky] Re: 5 years ago: 1957-2007

  • From: STILLFRANKSFAULT@xxxxxxx
  • To: elky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 08:49:31 -0400 (EDT)

Best finds are cars stored in barns with hay. The hay absorbs the  moisture.

Smokey Mt Frank

In a message dated 7/13/2012 8:35:37 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Thanks  for the update Cort, I was curious about the current progress with
that  car.

It would have been interesting to see how it would have looked had  the
compartment not flooded.  Then again "barn cars" turn up all the  time, so I
guess we can imagine the condition.

The best rust free cars  come from very dry areas... makes me wonder how
modern cars will stand the  test of time... with significantly more rubber and
plastic restoration will be  tricky.