[electrobooks] Cricket

  • From: "whizza" <whizza8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <electrobooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 09:48:26 +0100

David, there's no mystery about why I support New Zealand. I went there for the first time in 1997 and watched the teamon television while I was over there. I saw them again play Australia in the 1999 World Cup so, of course, I was rooting for anyone who was playing Australia and, knowing the blood rivalry between Australia and NZ on the sports field, I was interested to see if NZ could win, and they did. From already getting familiar with the team while I was over there, I knew who was who and the 1999 match was such a good one. Since then, I've just kept on following them and maybe I just like to see the under-dog win sometimes. As for the test match going on at the moment, as usual, David, don't ask. India are already in to bat for their second innings and it's only the end of day two! What more is there to be said? Incidentally, I do live in Blackpool, as you said, but I was actually born in Manchester so I'm a mancunian at heart. I agree with you that as the group is so small, we don't need rules and guidelines. I think we all know each other so let's just enjoy ourselves I say.

Cheers,
Sandra.