[eispice] want to try eispice for evolutionary-programming project

  • From: Nick Waite <lovebrub@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eispice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 12:54:56 -0400

Hi, I'm pretty familiar with python and there are a number of
excellent machine-learning and stochastic-optimization packages
available for it. One of my interests has always been using computers
to create new electronic circuits, or to optimize them, and there have
been a number of papers published on the subject. I thought to take
SPICE and couple it with python, but quickly realized that this would
involve python calling spice with command line arguments and parsing
its output, probably very inefficient, especially for small circuits.
So I looked around for something with python bindings that would allow
the memory object of a circuit to be created once, then manipulated
multiple times (parameter changes, etc). eispice seems to be exactly
what I'm looking for.

I downloaded the windows installer and, after installation it gives
the following error upon import:
  File "c:\Python27\lib\site-packages\eispice\__init__.py", line 52, in <module>

    from simulator_ import about, logFile, errorFile

What DLL might this be referring to? The .pyd files are all there...

Thanks in advance!