[eispice] Re: behavior test case problems

  • From: Charles Eidsness <charles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: eispice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:49:53 -0500

Hi Jon,

I've tried to improve the PyB related error messages for the next
release. I think that was the root of the issues getting that model to
work. It's tough to debug when every minor syntax error returns the
same, incorrect error text.

The next release should be ready in a week or two. I've been working on
a simple eispice IDE using PyQt (which will be packaged separately) in
hopes of attracting more Windows users. I've been delaying the next
release until the IDE is ready, but now I might release eispice earlier.
I've made some performance enhancements to the PyB device today (it's
about 300% faster now) that will probably be useful for you if you're
going to be writing more complicated PyB models.

There's a set of tests in the test/pass directory of the source
distribution that I've been using for regression testing, there's a
test.sh script in the root directory of the source distribution that
runs them all. Most of the tests are pretty general and simplistic, that
area could definitely use some work. As new things are discovered, like
the LC-Ladder Bug that Thomas uncovered or your PyB model I've been
adding tests for them. That brings up a good point; if anyone has any
circuits that they would like me to add to the test suite, to ensure
they will work with every new eispice release I'm happy to add and run them.

Cheers!
Charles