[E&D Reunion Team] Updates

  • From: Nick Lance <nlance@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ED Reunion Team <edreunionteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2014 10:57:06 -0500

Norm Chaffee and I recorded Norm's narration of the video yesterday and I sent it to Norm Schulze, who said it was good.

I'm going out of town this weekend, leaving in an hour and be back Sunday evening. I'd like to see how we are doing on calling the snail mail list. Jim Jaax called me a few days ago with his status. I have not yet made my calls, so will have to do that when I return Sunday and Monday morning. For the rest of you who are calling, please let me know your status by Monday evening. I will then identify the remaining calls that need to be made and then resend out that shorter list so they can be called by whomever can do it. Chet indicated he can make some calls. I will also need to provide the emails that we've come up with from our calls to Teresa so she can update the master list and then we can update our freelists mailing list.

I got an email this morning saying that HAL-PC is closing its doors and will cease operations in about a month. That means all the hal-pc addresses we have will be going away, including mine, which is the one I use to send to our freelists group. I can't send to that list from my yahoo or gmail list, because the system that yahoo and gmail use to identify if someone is sending spam from those accounts conflicts with what freelists uses, so I will have to find another way to send to our list. Another important thing is that our website will also be going away, so I will need to find another host quickly and get our website back up before we send out our first wave mailing in August.

Nick