[edm-announce] **Deadline extended** First Annual Workshop on Massive Open Online Courses (moocshop)

  • From: Zachary A Pardos <pardos@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "edm-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <edm-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 03:43:23 +0000

--The deadline for short paper (3-6 pages) and abstract/title submissions has
been extended to April 29th--

*******
First Annual Workshop on Massive Open Online Courses(moocshop)
July 9th or 13th (pending) - at the Artificial Intelligence in Education
Conference in Memphis, TN
h<http://www.moocshop.org/>ttp://www.moocshop.org<http://www.moocshop.org/>

The moocshop will survey the rapidly expanding ecosystem of Massive Open Online
Courses. We will foster a cross-institutional and cross-platform dialogue in
order to articulate and synthesize the plurality of challenges that arise when
evaluating and designing MOOCs. While the forms and functions of MOOCs are
currently evolving, we aim to develop a shared foundation for an
interdisciplinary field of inquiry moving forward.

We invite researchers, technologists, and course designers from universities
and virtual learning platforms to share their approaches and perspectives on
key topics, including analytics and data mining, assessment, credentialing,
pedagogy, platform design, data standards, and privacy. See
website<http://www.moocshop.org/> for a more detailed list of topics.

Deadline for submission: April 22nd **deadline extended to: April 29th**
Submission types: Short paper and abstract/title (see website)
Organizers: Zach Pardos (MIT), Emily Schneider (Stanford)
Contact: moocshop2013@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:moocshop2013@xxxxxxxxx>