[edi581] Re: Stoll assignment, deadlines, etc.

  • From: JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx
  • To: edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 23:37:58 EST

Someone using the e-mail address "Iwannacoronatooo@xxxxxxx" once AGAIN posted
an unsigned message. THIS time it said:

>  This is the address that I signed on the list serve with
>  and I have tried to post from another but I can't.

Only "members" can post messages to this listserv. That's why you can't post
messages using an e-mail address different from the one you used when you
subscribed. (The listserv doesn't "know" you.)

Also, I couldn't care less which e-mail address a person uses when they
subscribe to the class listserv. All *I* care about is that they take a few
seconds
to put their NAME at the end of every message they post. (Which, by the way,
despite my chiding, you didn't do AGAIN! <g>) How else am I supposed to know
who to give CREDIT to???

>  And just a side note I never recieved an e-mail telling me of this
>  assignment

You didn't? That's funny. Here's a copy of the e-mail I sent out on Tuesday,
October 28th:

From: JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 23:40:15 EST
Online assignment #3 (10 points)
Deadline: Midnight, Friday, Nov. 14th

Should schools be spending money to put more computers in schools? What do
YOU think? Read the article by Clifford Stoll, long-time critic of computers
in
schools, in the "Readings" folder on Angel.

When you've finished reading the article, post a message on the class
listserv telling us how YOU feel about schools spending more and more money
on
computers. Are they "worth it"? Include any "personal examples," if possible.

Good luck.  I'm looking forward to reading your comments.

Jerry

P.S. Remember, late assignments will not be accepted. Don't wait until the
last minute.

   JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx