[edi581] Problems copying from Word to Publisher

  • From: JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 01:13:34 EDT

One of my colleagues sent me the following question. I'm stumped, so I'm
turning to the "experts." (Hey, wake up... that's YOU! <g>) Can you shed any
light
on the subject? Thanx in advance.

Jerry Taylor
Technology Integration Teacher
Greece, NY School District
Web page: www.jerrytaylor.net
TASK page: www.greece.k12.ny.us/task/
GradeQuick listserv: www.greece.k12.ny.us/taylor/gradequick/

Here's the problem.  If I use a Newsletter Template in Publisher and text
that I typed in Word, the line spacing and spacing after paragraphs changes in
Publisher when I copy and paste the text from Word.  The result is neither the
original settings in Publisher or the original settings in Word???? This causes
a lot of re-formatting in a 15 page newsletter.

Try this experiment...

1. Find some document in Word that you already have and notice the line
spacing, paragraph spacing, and font size.
2. Open one of the Publisher Newsletter Templates.  Select one of the text
blocks and then look at Format - Line Spacing. Note the settings.
3. Delete the text in that block.
paragraphs).
5. Paste this text into the block in Publisher where you just deleted the
original text.
6. Check the Format - Line spacing again.

Why does this change? Why does it change to what it is?

   JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx