[edi581] Ideas On Plagarism

  • From: Tra9234@xxxxxxx
  • To: edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:01:17 EST

Hello everyone.
After reading several of the articles on plagarism I felt that it was kind of
sad that students choose to" buy " a term paper as opposed to working hard
and taking pride in their own creation. As a preschool teacher I have not come
in contact with this type of situation. I know though as a student myself I am
more likely to do my best on an assignment which is more open ended and of
interest. In one of my past courses ( Classroom Management) we were able to
choose how we wanted to complete the final assignment. We had the choices of
creating a mindmap, constructing a brochure, putting together a powerpoint
presentation, or even writing a song. We weren't limited to just writing a
paper. This
made me as a student feel that I could do something I was good at plus show
some creativity. Writing a paper for me is boring and does not motivate me in
the least to want to even want to complete the assignment. So for students who
are not good at writing paying money for a paper is probably the " lesser of
two evils ".
     I strongly feel that if students are given choices and  have an
opportunity to show off their talents  in a way that is both comfortable and
enjoyable
to them they would be less likely to "steal " the work of another. I mean
learning is supposed to be fun, isn't it ?
     Have a great week and see you Thursday !
Dawn

   JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx