[edi581] Fonts changing in PowerPoint?

  • From: JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx
  • To: undisclosed-recipients: ;
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 22:51:13 EDT

Question: Help! I created a wonderful PowerPoint slide show with all sorts o=
f=20
cool fonts. But when I try to show my slides on a different computer, all my=
=20
fonts have changed and the slides look terrible. What's going on?

Answer: If the computer you use to show your presentation doesn=E2=80=99t ha=
ve the=20
same fonts as the computer you used to create your presentation, the time an=
d=20
energy you spent on preparation will be wasted because those fonts get repla=
ced=20
with default fonts.

The solution? PowerPoint lets you store the fonts you need WITH your=20
presentation. The process of storing fonts with a presentation is called "em=
bedding=20
fonts."

To embed fonts in your presentation:
On the File menu, click Save As.
Click the Tools menu in the toolbar at the top of the Save As dialogue box.
On the menu that appears, click Embed TrueType Fonts. You will need to do=20
this each time you plan to use a presentation on a different machine.
Note: Embedding fonts will increase the size of your presentation.

   JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx