[edi581] Bio- Carl

  • From: "diana romeo" <dromeo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: edi581@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 20:48:30 -0400

     One of our assignments was to list our biography on the class listserve.
As you know if you have been to class, I am the lowest one in the class in
terms of computer knowledge, so I do not even know if I am doing this
correctly, but I hope you receive it.
    I am lucky to have been born at a time whereby I have been able to witness
most of our country's History- okay so I missed George Washington and Tom
Jefferson.
    I went to high school in the Rochester area, and then went to college in
Canada. I spent a career in the field of International Trade and
Transportation, and was lucky enough to have a job where I did not have to go
into the
same desk at the same office every day, but travelled extensively.
    I love people and literally met every kind of person in my travels from the
highest to the lowest.I can attest that the cliche "truth is stranger than
fiction" is very true.
    I enjoyed my work greatly and earned a good living for my family, but when
I had a chance to get an early retirement 5 years ago, I grabbed it.
    I took an entire year completely off, and loved it. My biggest decision
every day was whether I wanted to walk around the block from East to West or
West to East in the morning. Soon however, I began to hate and needed to become
active again.
    I began substitute teaching as a "bridging" thing until I found something I
wanted to do, and fell in love with it.
    I love being with the kids, and can say without any arrogance or egotism,
that I am a very good substitute teacher. I can tell you about this some time
when we have more time.
    I am taking Graduate courses to be able to help my students better, and
hope to eventually get certified, but will probably never seek a full time
position. I am a lifetime learner and hope to prove the old axiom that "it is
never to late".
    The other facts of my life are not suitable for public discussion, but I
hope to get to know most of you better as the course continues
    Stop by and see me at the front desk near the window. I am the big,
friendly guy that looks like your grandfather.

Carpe Diem (How I sign all my correspondence).

Carl

   JerryTaylr@xxxxxxx