[ecidadania-dev] New server

  • From: Oscar Carballal Prego <oscar.carballal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: e-cidadania development list <ecidadania-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 19:03:49 +0200

Hi everyone,

I'm glad to tell you that we have a new server, given to us by Hanoi IT
Solutions (no website yet). This time it's a powerful VPS, with 4GB RAM,
and a Intel Core i7 920 4 cores running behind it :)

I started the migration process today, but it will take a while, since I'm
busy with the 0.1.5 RC1 release of e-cidadania which tasks I'll explain in
this mail).

At the moment in the new server is running Botizen, our robotic citizen
for the IRC, and the latest e-cidadania demo with some flaws related to
static files (CSS and such things)

The new server is located at: http://188.40.90.250/, the DNSs will be
changed when everything is up and running.

Now about 0.1.5 RC1 (to be released on May 20):

- Fix the documentation, it's extremely outdated. Also include the new
contents schema for the manuals
- Fix the new theme for the documentation, which integrates in the global
aspect of e-cidadania website and platform itself.
- Finish the platform translations and add them to the source code. Create
the new language directories.
- Fix the Transifex-client routes for automatic pulling/pushing of the
translations
- Try to make the translation of the documentation to Galician and
Spanish. If someone is interested in doing the translations to a new
language is welcome to do it.

And that's all for now as far as I can remember :)

Best regards,
Oscar Carballal Prego

--
Móbil: (34) 620-734766 | oscar.carballal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx